Pallet + Paint = Art
When faced with a large wall and a pile of pallets in the yard, the only thing to do is create some art!!
I couldn't find any pictures I liked for my daughters bedroom, so I decided to try my hand at some "pallet art". It's not as hard or as time consuming as you might imagine. So where do you start?
1. Find a pallet, any size, any wood configuration, there are no rules.
2. Buy or recycle some paint, I went neutral to go with any décor change.
3. Chose your personalisation
4. Sand your pallet and clean off any dust
5. Paint your background colour, probably 2 or 3 coats
6. Make a template of your personalisation or image and trace it onto pallet (this saves free hand painting)
7. With a smaller brush fill in your traced work
8. Let dry, stand back and admire
SIMPLE AS THAT
I love this so much, it is, by far, the most commented on artwork in our house. Every time someone asks about it, it is so rewarding to be able to say "I made that!"
Up cycling and recycling is currently very cool and fashionable and if something this beautiful can be created by an old pallet and some paint out of the shed I'm all for it.... Bring on my next project.
Leave a Reply.