Having studied at an Agricultural College (now a University) I can concur with all of the stereotypical following, If you would like to add anymore, please do comment below.... Let's all have a good laugh for old times sake!!
Here are a few, I could go on and on but your computer might crash!!!
1. Every man you know has one of the following names somewhere on their birth certificate: George, William, Henry, James, John.
2. Wellington's are a standard choice of footwear. For lectures, pubs, nightclubs, anywhere.
3. It’s perfectly acceptable to carry a shotgun around campus, or even to have one stored in your student house. (In a gun cabinet of course!)
4. You have one nightclub, maybe two, and still only go to them once in a blue moon.
5. All collars are worn up.
6. You have a pair of 'Bar Boots'.
7. You have turned up to a lecture wearing fancy dress and nobody has batted an eyelid.
8. Initiations involve maggots, sheep spray and gold fish.
9. You struggle to understand concepts such as “veganism”.
10. You can pluck and prepare a game bird.
11. Drinking seems to be a core module for all subjects.
12. Fieldwork involves visiting a farm.
13. Everyone has a car.
14. Trainers are strictly for sports only.
15. The weekends see an exodus as students leave to shoot/ hunt/ take their washing home to Mummy.
16. There is an unofficial uniform of tweed, nowadays it seems to be the Schoffel gilet.
17. It’s possible to pass your degree without ever visiting the library.
18. The rivalry between other Ag Colleges old boys (and girls) will stay with you forever
19. There are balls all the time. If you are a girl you take out an extra student loan just to buy dresses.
20. Despite having to study crop production, have everyone know your business and have to drive several miles for civilisation, you wouldn’t study anywhere else.
21. You're still friends now, no matter how long ago you left College.
*This is a generalisation and in my opinion, not in any way factual.